The Key is looking for a creative individual with digital content experience to join us as a content editor for its market-leading support services.
About this role
In this role, you will research and create fresh, practical and engaging content for busy school leaders, governors and leaders of multi-academy trusts.
The role will offer you the chance to use your sector knowledge and commercial intuition to spot opportunities for high-impact content. You will demonstrate empathy towards your audience, and work closely with our digital marketing team to optimise content exposure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting lead content editors with a strong pipeline of content ideas based on persistent market research, a clear understanding of user needs, and intelligent decision making
- Producing content in varied forms, according to the content roadmap, and in response to questions from school leaders and governors, following agreed deadlines – on time and in full
- Researching and writing about diverse topics, drawing on expertise from in-house education specialists and elsewhere in the company as needed, and using trustworthy external sources
- Triaging incoming questions from our members, determining when to write new content
- Developing and maintaining specialised sector knowledge, and using this knowledge to make sure content is kept up to date and spot opportunities to add value
- Carrying out user research, as appropriate, to better understand members’ needs and how they use our content
- Use sector knowledge to keep content up to date, and spot opportunities to add value
- Using qualitative and quantitative feedback insights to adapt both content and our approach to ensure content is as high-impact as possible
- Working closely with the marketing team to optimise content and opportunities for members/potential members to engage with it
The ideal candidate will:
- Have first-class writing skills and experience of creating high-impact digital content
- Have a creative spark and strong commercial intuition
- Have an up-to-date understanding of education issues
- Have experience in journalism, writing digital content, or content marketing
- Have user research experience
- Be able to collate and respond to findings, usage trends and user feedback
- Be passionate and empathetic towards the needs of schools sector and school leaders
- Have good team-working skills and a proactive, positive attitude
- Have strong time management skills
This is a full time appointment
Location: Central London
Base salary: £23,000+ (depending on level of experience)
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Wednesday 29 August 2018.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Test Engineer
We’re looking for somebody who can automate a regression test, find all the things that annoy our members before they do, and keep the rest of our engineers on their toes with your bug hunting prowess.
As a Software Test Engineer, you’ll know how to drive tools like Jira, Selenium, Robot, SoapUI, Cucumber and Gherkin. Day to day, you’ll work with our product teams to create reusable testing components and scripts so our members aren’t the first to find a problem. You’ll be lazy enough to dislike repetitive, manual testing and motivated enough to make sure our testing team has as little of that to do as possible. You’ll also write masterworks of defect poetry and enjoy working as part of a team.
You’ll be joining a leading EdTech company getting involved and driving forward the Test/QA capability for products such as The Key for School Leaders, which is used by over 120,000 members in over 10,500 schools in England.
Working with a great team of developers, project managers and product owners, you’ll get the opportunity to contribute across a range of new and existing products. As a member of the Testing Team you will be responsible for the Automated, Manual and Exploratory testing of The Key’s software products and services.
Location: Plymouth, London, or remote
Job type: full-time, fixed term 12 month (maternity cover)
Salary: £24,000 to £36,000 based on experience
You will have:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work in collaboration with product team members in remote locations
- 2-3 years work experience in commercial software testing
- Expertise in test automation in your tool of choice (not necessarily ours)
- Experience with a major server-side web development stack
- The ability to collaborate and get things done as part of a team
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Proven experience with API and UI testing
It would desirable if you had:
- Experience automating tests for a SaaS web platform
- Worked in an Agile and/or Scrum setting
- Scripting skills (Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Release Management, Continuous Delivery
- Selenium, Robot, Cucumber/Gherkin skills
- Testing experience with Google Cloud and Google APIs
How to apply
We welcome ongoing applications for this role.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com