The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
As part of our forward thinking, successful, agile project management team, you will be working across the business to deliver projects / developments which positively impact the learning outcomes of millions of pupils in schools across the UK.
Technology powers our products and services, you will have the opportunity to get your hands on our latest cloud based products and back office systems. We are currently on a drive to increase our velocity and you will play a part in shaping how we achieve that.
You will be responsible for delivering projects in an agile way;
- Utilising the tools, resources, charisma and experience at your disposal.
- Working closely with stakeholders and technical teams.
- Ensuring the highest quality solutions are delivered to time and scope.
- Identifying and managing risks with appropriate treatment plans..
- Maintaining lightweight project documentation such as plans, logs, registers, & reports.
You will be highly motivated and adept at motivating others, organised and enjoy rising to the challenge of delivering projects unconventionally with out of the box thinking.
Some experience of project management in an IT software delivery setting (other project management experience will also be considered) will be helpful. You will be comfortable working collaboratively with teams both locally and remotely. Depending on the project you need to be confident operating in a technical setting;
You will also have:
- Strong stakeholder management skills – keeping people happy / informed.
- Powerful communication skills – adaptable to the situation.
- Excellent organisational skills – keep multiple projects on track.
- Ability to be flexible – to accommodate change, but challenge scope creep.
- A positive can do attitude – to keep the toops motivated.
Desirable Experience / Skills but not essential.
- Experience of working with agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Prince 2 / Agile PM / APM PMQ or other professional qualification in project management.
If you don’t meet all of the above but have a genuine interest in joining our team please get in touch – we’d be very happy to chat.
Why work for us?
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
We’re serious about flexibility, so if you would like to work part time, or more flexibly in any way please get in touch and we will accommodate where we can.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV [and covering letter] below. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key
The deadline for applications is 6 pm on Sunday 22nd September.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
As part of our commercially successful team, you will be the account manager for The Key’s business accounts with local authorities and groups of schools across England. A natural networker and relationship manager, you will focus on expanding account revenue whilst maintaining long-term strategic relationships.
Our account managers are at the forefront of the rapidly changing landscape of the education sector, and identifying and taking advantage of new commercial risks and opportunities will be a major part of your role. We are a customer-facing team, and the research and intelligence-gathering we carry out in the sector has a significant impact on the company’s success and market understanding.
The Key moves quickly to meet market demand and changing customer needs, and you will play a key role in this by assimilating our new products and services into tailored account strategies with a strong focus on increasing revenue generation.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing long-term relationships with stakeholders up to C-suite and board level
- Promoting and selling a range of membership solutions to support schools
- Implementing and managing a revenue retention and acquisition strategy for accounts in line with our commercial objectives
- Managing complex sales cycles, understanding the demands at each step of the process through to contract and pricing negotiation
- Networking extensively with decision-making organisations in the education sector in England to grow brand awareness
- Acting as an ambassador for The Key in external presentations, meetings and conferences to increase brand awareness and strength of relationships
- Internal relationship management: building strong relationships with your fellow account managers and regional development managers to achieve individual and team targets
- Analysis and data management: interrogating data in our systems to determine the effectiveness of renewal and acquisition campaigns
- Integrity: We are trusted by thousands of schools in the country and it is important that we maintain the strong relationships we have built over the past ten years. This is something we value very highly and our team has a strong reputation for collaborative working.
The ideal candidate
You will have a minimum of 1 years experience working with commercial partners particularly multi stakeholder relationships, alongside experience working in a target based environment. You will have outstanding communication, presentation and negotiation skills, as well as excellent written and spoken English.
You will also have: :
- Experience of delivering presentations
- Experience of managing your own workload and creating and developing new opportunities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time-management and organisational skills
- A passion for education (although previous experience within education is not essential)
This is a full-time appointment
Location: City of London
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 + commission
The Key provides impartial, trusted leadership and management support to almost half of the schools in England. Our high-quality information and guidance helps busy school leaders and governors work with increased confidence, knowledge and capacity.
Since we were set up as a government pilot over a decade ago, The Key has been on a remarkable journey. Today, we are a leader in professional intelligence for school leaders, and an indispensable partner to a growing community of education leaders across Britain. With 100,000 members across 10,000 schools, teachers, governors, and leaders rely on us every single day to help them make a meaningful difference to their pupils, their schools and their communities.
We offer a meritocratic, fun, socially conscious and team-spirited work environment. It’s thanks to our passionate and committed people that we are a trusted cornerstone and respected authority in the sector, and we are always looking for more like-minded people to join our team. We firmly believe that our most important work and biggest contribution is yet to come.
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Sunday 8th September
For more information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org