Membership of The Key for School Leaders covers a school’s entire senior leadership team, including the SENCO. Ahead of the SEN reforms taking effect in September, we have seen an increased interest from all roles in the area of our school leader website dedicated to managing SEN provision. By looking at the articles most popular with SENCOs, we can get an indication of what issues are foremost in their minds in the run up to these reforms kicking in.
Below are the ten articles viewed most by SENCOs since January.
Members of The Key for School Leaders can log in to see each article in full and ask their own questions. If you are a SENCO who hasn’t used The Key before, you can register for a free-trial log-in here.
- The draft SEN Code of Practice (2014): a summary
- Draft SEN Code of Practice (2014): implications for schools
- Pupil tracking sheets: the impact of interventions on pupils with SEN
- Local offer: templates for schools
- SEN provision map
- Monitoring and reviewing SEN provision
- Special educational needs (SEN) policies: examples
- Interview questions: SENCO
- Education, health and care plans: sample formats
- Questions from Ofsted for a SENCO
Information for SEN governors can be found here on The Key for School Governors.