Before April, we found that school business managers were mainly reading articles on administration and management. Checking in again, we wondered what they’ve been reading at the start of the autumn term.
The answer? In September SBMs were focusing a lot on pay and performance management.
In many schools the role of SBM or bursars is increasingly strategic. To learn more, check out The Key’s one-day conference on the changing role of school business management. It’s in Birmingham next week, and a few places are still available.
Below are the articles on The Key for School Leaders website viewed most by school business managers during September.
- What are the key tasks for a school business manager (SBM)? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- Do you have performance management materials for administrative staff?
- What are the main differences between the 2013 and 2014 STPCD? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- Do you have a performance management checklist? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- What are the main changes in education in 2014/15? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- How do we determine leadership pay from September 2014?
- How will the teachers’ pay award be applied in 2014?
- How will Ofsted evaluate our use of the pupil premium?
- Do you have guidance on pay progression for support staff?
- What must we record on the single central record?