What is Primary School Leaders?
When the budgets were cut I tried to think of way that schools will be supported and I created Primary School Leaders on Facebook; a place for all leaders, whether that be subject leads or Headteachers, to ask for support and offer support in return.
I had never dreamed it would become such an asset to its members and how important our members’ contributions would be. It is a place where all school leaders can feel that they are supported, and an environment where healthy debate and discussion is at the heart of our community. We do encourage opinion but we do not allow slips in professionalism. We all are very passionate about our careers but know that we must listen to others respectfully.
After about 18 months I became Community Manager at The Key, and the groups therefore became supported by The Key.
In this new weekly blog, we’ll look at the most popular posts, discussion topics and news of the past week…
Primary School Leaders community insights: trending in the last week …
- How do we help people organise their subject action plans and what they are based on, e.g. SIP, etc.
Need help with this too? We have made this article free for the next week…
Also popular this week:
- What is going on in your Inset day?
- An anonymous post came in asking how people felt about Headteachers with nose piercing. It created a great debate on human rights and professionalism
- Many of our members have been reading When the adults change, everything changes based on positive behaviour and scripts for situations. Additionally, people have been saying how they are going to implement it in their schools.
- Improving writing across Key Stages; improving reading comprehension among all pupils
- Planning for September, in particular safeguarding
Need help with any of these? We’ve collated these resources for paying subscribers of The Key…
- Teaching and learning sessions on CPD Toolkit (£)
- How to observe guided reading: template and guidance (£)
- Alternative to guided reading: whole-class reading (£)
- Individual behaviour plan template (£)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education: 8 actions school leaders need to take (£)
- INSET training pack and elearning (£)
Primary School Governors community insights: trending in the last week …
- Members have been asking, – where do they go for advice and support if they are in disagreement with their HT?
Join the conversation on our Facebook groups using the links below: