We’re looking for somebody who can automate a regression test, find all the things that annoy our members before they do, and keep the rest of our engineers on their toes with your bug hunting prowess.
As a Software Test Engineer, you’ll know how to drive tools like Jira, Selenium, Robot, SoapUI, Cucumber and Gherkin. Day to day, you’ll work with our product teams to create reusable testing components and scripts so our members aren’t the first to find a problem. You’ll be lazy enough to dislike repetitive, manual testing and motivated enough to make sure our testing team has as little of that to do as possible. You’ll also write masterworks of defect poetry and enjoy working as part of a team.
You’ll be joining a leading EdTech company getting involved and driving forward the Test/QA capability for products such as The Key for School Leaders, which is used by over 120,000 members in over 10,500 schools in England.
Working with a great team of developers, project managers and product owners, you’ll get the opportunity to contribute across a range of new and existing products. As a member of the Testing Team you will be responsible for the Automated, Manual and Exploratory testing of The Key’s software products and services.
Job type: full-time, fixed term 12 month (maternity cover)
Salary: £24,000 to £36,000 based on experience
You will have:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work in collaboration with product team members in remote locations
- 2-3 years work experience in commercial software testing
- Expertise in test automation in your tool of choice (not necessarily ours)
- Experience with a major server-side web development stack
- The ability to collaborate and get things done as part of a team
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Proven experience with API and UI testing
It would desirable if you had:
- Experience automating tests for a SaaS web platform
- Worked in an Agile and/or Scrum setting
- Scripting skills (Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Release Management, Continuous Delivery
- Selenium, Robot, Cucumber/Gherkin skills
- Testing experience with Google Cloud and Google APIs
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Wednesday 27 June
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org