25 JUNE, 2018, LONDON: The Key, the organisation providing leadership and management support to schools, has launched a suite of new resources designed to help schools take control of workload challenges, increase efficiency and cut out unnecessary tasks.
Resources include downloadable checklists to minimise meeting and policy overload, an audit tool to assess teacher workload levels, and practical, step-by-step case studies on how schools have saved teachers 2 hours per night by banning written marking, reduced planning time and implemented flexible working to improve retention rates.
Taking the lead from organisations such as ASCL, The Key will continue to release new materials to its members over the next 5 weeks, encouraging schools to take action and add real momentum to the workload movement.
Amy Cook, head of content at The Key explains:
“We agree with the view that teacher workload is in school leaders’ hands. We’re drawing on real-life changes made by leadership teams across the country who have dramatically reduced the burden without compromising pupil outcomes. These strategies are truly practical, achievable, and exactly what schools need to have the confidence to take action.”
Geoff Barton, General Secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders, said:
“Tackling teacher workload is crucial in tackling the teacher recruitment and retention crisis and putting the joy back into teaching. Schools have had to cope with multiple pressures which drive workload – including real-terms funding cuts and major reforms to the curriculum and accountability system. So anything which helps them to find ways of freeing up teacher time has our full support, and this suite of resources provides very useful practical help.”
All the new resources are available to members of The Key for School Leaders, and non-members can access resources of their choice via The Key’s 5-click free trial.
For more information or to speak to a member of The Key, contact Laura Scott on 0203 907 8076 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors:
About The Key:
- The Key provides leadership and management support to nearly half of schools in England.
- Our market-leading information services, professional development and online platform solutions help busy professionals work with increased confidence, knowledge and capacity.
- At the heart of everything we do is a passionate commitment to helping organisations save time, work smarter and deliver better results for the communities they serve.
- Our national information services, The Key for School Leaders and The Key for School Governors provide instant access to impartial information and guidance, practical resources and answers to questions on all aspects of school leadership and management.
- Our CPD Toolkit provides everything schools need to run high-impact and cost-effective in-house training for teachers, leaders and support staff.
- Every day we answer new questions from school leaders and governors, every week we visit schools and meet with those at the forefront of education, and every year there are over a million clicks on articles on our websites. These deep connections give us unparalleled insights into the concerns, trends and good practice in the sector.
- With a professional, experienced in-house team and rich networks of associate experts and contacts, we have unrivalled expertise in all areas of our business.
- Find out more about The Key at www.thekeysupport.com
- Follow The Key on Twitter @TheKeySL