The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our energetic business development team. You will help us to achieve our business growth targets by presenting our proposition to new organisations with the objective of selling them a subscription to The Key’s services.
- Proactively target prospective organisations in your territory with the objective of them buying into The Key’s membership
- Manage an effective pipeline of opportunities
- Achieve quarterly sales targets
- Have expert knowledge of our proposition and how it applies to different organisations
The ideal person
- Have 2 years sales experience in a subscription based business
- Have experience of selling to multiple stakeholders in a single sale
- Understand the different stages of the pipeline and be able to articulate the difference in each stage
- Have solid experience and be able to demonstrate how you have worked within a defined sales process
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an interest in the schools sector and in supporting schools
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude to go the extra mile to secure a sale
It would be nice if you:
- Have SaaS / education sector experience
- Have experience of presenting to large groups
If you don’t meet all of the above but have a genuine interest in joining our team please get in touch – we’d be very happy to chat.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter below. In your cover letter, please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Sunday 19th January 2020.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.