The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act. We are a fast-growing company with big ambitions, but at the heart of everything we do is a passionate commitment to supporting schools in delivering better outcomes for children and young people.
The Key is looking for a creative individual with strong writing skills to join us as a digital content writer for our market-leading support services. As a digital content writer you will research, write and maintain practical and engaging content of exceptional quality to meet the needs of school leaders, governors and leaders of multi-academy trusts. You will draw on expertise from trustworthy external sources, from both the education sector and outside it, and quickly develop specialist knowledge of the sector.
- Support lead content editors with a strong pipeline of content ideas based on a clear understanding of user needs, and intelligent decision making
- Research and write about a range of topics, combining rigorous desk research with trustworthy external sources and internal expertise
- Produce content in varied forms, according to our content roadmap, and in response to questions from school leaders and governors, following agreed deadlines – on time and in full
- Develop and maintain specialised sector knowledge, and using this knowledge to make sure content is kept up to date, as well as spotting opportunities to add value
- Triage incoming questions from our members, and determining when to write new content
- Carry out user research, as appropriate, to better understand members’ needs and how they use our content
- Use qualitative and quantitative feedback insights to adapt both content and our approach to ensure our content is as practical and actionable as possible
The ideal person
- Have first-class research and writing skills
- Have strong editorial judgement and a record of excellent decision-making
- Have a creative spark and strong commercial intuition
- Have an interest in the education sector and a strong focus on professional learning
It would be nice if you:
- Have a proven ability to hunt down sources and information
- Are able to collate and respond to findings, usage trends and user feedback
- Have good team-working skills and a proactive, positive attitude
- Have strong time management skills
If you don’t meet all of the above but have a genuine interest in joining our team please get in touch – we’d be very happy to chat.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter below. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Monday 16th March.
If you have any questions please email Georgina at firstname.lastname@example.org.