The Key is looking for a creative individual with digital content experience to join us as a content editor for its market-leading support services.
About this role
In this role, you will research and create fresh, practical and engaging content for busy school leaders, governors and leaders of multi-academy trusts.
The role will offer you the chance to use your sector knowledge and commercial intuition to spot opportunities for high-impact content. You will demonstrate empathy towards your audience, and work closely with our digital marketing team to optimise content exposure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting lead content editors with a strong pipeline of content ideas based on persistent market research, a clear understanding of user needs, and intelligent decision making
- Producing content in varied forms, according to the content roadmap, and in response to questions from school leaders and governors, following agreed deadlines – on time and in full
- Researching and writing about diverse topics, drawing on expertise from in-house education specialists and elsewhere in the company as needed, and using trustworthy external sources
- Triaging incoming questions from our members, determining when to write new content
- Developing and maintaining specialised sector knowledge, and using this knowledge to make sure content is kept up to date and spot opportunities to add value
- Carrying out user research, as appropriate, to better understand members’ needs and how they use our content
- Use sector knowledge to keep content up to date, and spot opportunities to add value
- Using qualitative and quantitative feedback insights to adapt both content and our approach to ensure content is as high-impact as possible
- Working closely with the marketing team to optimise content and opportunities for members/potential members to engage with it
The ideal candidate will:
- Have first-class writing skills and experience of creating high-impact digital content
- Have a creative spark and strong commercial intuition
- Have an up-to-date understanding of education issues
- Have experience in journalism, writing digital content, or content marketing
- Have user research experience
- Be able to collate and respond to findings, usage trends and user feedback
- Be passionate and empathetic towards the needs of schools sector and school leaders
- Have good team-working skills and a proactive, positive attitude
- Have strong time management skills
This is a full time appointment
Location: Central London
Base salary: £23,000+ (depending on level of experience)
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Wednesday 29 August 2018.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.