The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
In recent years, we have expanded our offerings within the education sector to include Management Information Systems (MIS), ScholarPack and Arbor, as well as GovernorHub, the leading governor collaboration tool in the country. Together, we provide access to modern tools that provide better ways of working, improved processes for collaboration and clearer, more timely communication.
We are looking for a junior credit controller to join our small and friendly finance team and support the existing credit control function with the management of cash collection across the group. Using your expert knowledge of our products and services and your natural tenacity, you will build and develop strong relationships with members and will resolve payment and invoice queries to expedite settlement of debts.
This is an exciting entry-level opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in finance and credit control.
- Tactically monitor and collect payments by contacting members on a daily basis via phone and email
- Build and maintain good working relationships with both internal colleagues and our members
- Process credit card payments and reconcile daily receipts to accounting systems
- Resolve any member financial queries that arise
- Keep excellent customer records electronically
The ideal person
- Have up to 1 year of credit control or B2B outbound sales experience
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be a self starter and happy to work independently
- Be able to work towards targets and deadlines
- Be able to come up with creative solutions to solve problems and queries
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to progress your career within credit control
It would be nice if you:
- Have an interest/experience of working in the education or public sector
If you don’t meet all of the above but have a genuine interest in joining our team please get in touch – we’d be very happy to chat.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
We’re serious about flexibility, so if you would like to work more flexibly in any way please get in touch and we will accommodate where we can.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter below. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Sunday 2nd May.
If you have any questions please email Georgina at firstname.lastname@example.org