The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our Business Intelligence team. In order to support a fast growing group we’re looking to increase our capacity and ability to capture, store & analyse data from within the business and the wider education sector. The BI team sits across the group so you’ll get exposure to a variety of different systems, processes and data. The challenge is bringing all of this together to uncover key business insights and help better support the sector. You will
- Build data pipelines to extract data from various sources into our data lake.
- Automate data scraping processes
- Help maintain and improve our current system integrations
The ideal person
- Experience of using Python to extract data from REST APIs to a data lake.
- Ability to plan and execute an end to end data ETL process.
- Ability to preempt the data the business will need tomorrow and build robust data capture processes with data quality and integrity at their core.
- Experience of Web Scraping
- Experience of working with cloud data warehouses (ours is Big Query)
- Basic SQL
Nice to have:
- Experience of using Apache AirFlow and Python for building and maintaining data pipelines
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zuora, Zendesk and Salesforce Marketing Cloud data models.
- Familiarity with the education sector and working with public/commercial data sources
If you don’t meet all of the above but have a genuine interest in joining our team please get in touch – we’d be very happy to chat.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling annual leave, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
We’re serious about flexibility, so if you would like to work part time, or more flexibly in any way please get in touch and we will accommodate where we can.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter below. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Thursday 25th February.
If you have any questions please email Georgina at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any step of the recruitment process, including telephone/video interviews, written tasks and face-to-face interviews.