The Key is looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join our IT operations team. Our mission is to continuously improve our IT systems and services, support the business and strive to create and innovate with ideas and technology.
As a natural people person you will play an important part of a small and friendly IT operations team. You will be responsible for prioritising and assisting in our day to day IT requests and issues, manage our IT assets and support implementation of projects within the team.
This role provides support for our London office as well as remote support to our Lincoln and Plymouth offices where required.
Your main duties will include:
- IT administration: Creating and removing accounts on our cloud based systems, managing IT assets, ordering new IT equipment where required, ensuring IT processes and procedures are followed and improved.
- Service Desk Requests: Providing IT support primarily for London but also for remote sites, prioritising requests and incidents, escalating if required and working with the team to see them through to resolution
- Monitoring: Ensuring our IT systems and network infrastructure are monitored and maintained
- Security Patching: Take part in security patching or testing where needed to ensure systems are fully up to date and protected
- Server Administration: Day to day administration of our server estate (across all sites)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft operating systems for both client and server
- Have knowledge of Active Directory
- Be a natural ‘people person’, with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Have strong administration skills and a keen eye for detail
- Have excellent time-management skills, with the ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise and multi-task efficiently
- Be a good team player with a strong work ethic and sense of shared responsibility for achieving team goals
- Have experience working with key stakeholders
- Have an interest in learning new technologies
- Have an interest in the education sector
Desirable (but not essential) skills:
- Experience with Cloud systems/SaaS platforms
- Linux experience
- GSuite experience
Job type: full-time, permanent
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 based on experience
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Sunday 24 March 2019
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org