At The Key, we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our school leaders. Putting the member experience at the heart of everything we do means our members rate us highly and stay with us. If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our exceptional team, this could be the role for you.
As Member Retention Officer, you will be jointly responsible for securing the renewal of schools and small groups of schools across the country whilst ensuring a thorough membership journey is maintained. You will be part of a small, enthusiastic team that create opportunities to build strong relationships with our members through regular engagement
Over the phone and via email, you’ll be contacting schools around the country. The Member Retention Officer role is critical in not just securing renewals but also gathering insights with the opportunity to use these insights to shape how we best support our members.
Day-to-day, you’ll speak with our members, contributing to our high retention and renewal rates. More specifically you’ll be responsible for:
- Securing renewal decisions through calls and personalised emails – our retention target is 90%
- Generating and escalating new membership leads
- Up-selling additional services to current members
- Maintaining high levels of member satisfaction
- Developing the accuracy of our membership database using our customer relationship management system
- Creatively matching the needs of members and prospective members with our services and content
- Making use of data, our customer relationship management system and your understanding of the sector to find opportunities for further engagement to ensure a successful renewal
- Contacting members throughout the annual renewal cycle to ensure engagement with the service
You will have the confidence to effectively communicate with busy school leaders across the country, a positive ‘self-starter’ attitude as well as being driven and motivated by targets and up-sell opportunities.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a target driven role involving outbound sales calls,and objection handling.
You will also have:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to empathise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and take responsibility for your own workload, while working with the team to foster best practice
- Strong attention to detail and administrative experience
- The ability to work with multiple systems at any given time
- Ideally experience within a membership organisation (but not essential)
This is a full-time appointment
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000 plus commission (based on experience)
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Monday 22nd April
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org