We are looking for a Python developer to join our growing team working on high-impact projects that benefit schools and local authorities throughout the UK.
You will be involved in creating and maintaining web applications using Python and the Django web framework, and will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of our market-leading products.
A major focus of the role will be ongoing development of our services for schools, including The Key for School Leaders, which is used by over 68,000 members in nearly half of the schools in England. We are continuously looking for new ways to help our members save time, work smarter and deliver better results.
You will be a member of the Python/Django team in a fast-growing organisation that employs a range of technologies. You will work with, and learn from, other developers, project managers and product owners across a range of new and existing products. You will get the opportunity to contribute to a modern codebase, with automated testing and deployment, supported by a powerful toolchain including Jira, Github, Jenkins, Docker and other CI/CD tools.
Job type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Plymouth, London or remote
Salary: £20,000-£32,000, based on experience (up to £40,000 for London)
This is an ideal opportunity for a junior developer looking to expand their commercial experience using Python. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, open-minded and have:
- Experience of developing web applications using Python or PHP
- An understanding of PostgreSQL or MySQL
- A good understanding of version control, preferably Git and GitHub
Not required, but highly desirable skills
- Experience working in a Scrum or other Agile environment
- Any cloud platform experience (GCP, AWS or Azure) for personal or commercial projects
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, experience is even better.
- Any Docker/Kubernetes experience on personal or commercial projects
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Sunday 11 November
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org