The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join our energetic business development team. You will be responsible for winning new business for The Key within a field territory by developing relationships with organisations and key individuals to create partnerships that result in signing up for new online solution products and new group membership deals. You will:
- Be responsible for ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are met, adapting plans and activity where necessary
- Build and grow a pipeline by developing inbound leads generated by marketing activity and proactive outbound prospecting
- Accurately forecast expected sales each month, develop a close plan and define next steps to progress opportunities to close
- Develop a sound understanding of the wider education sector in the context of trust, school leadership and governance, using this knowledge to enhance sales consultation
- Be a highly professional brand ambassador for The Key, making use of networking opportunities, conferences, and events.
The ideal person
- Have 4 years + experience of field based business development, account management, relationship management or new business sales and territory management
- Have the drive and motivation to win business and achieve targets with a strong work ethic while protecting the best interests of the company
- Exhibit empathy and understanding by taking time to discover a customers situation and requirements and taking a creative solution (vs product) selling approach
- Have excellent presentation skills and confidence to effectively present to small and large groups
- Have adaptability, initiative and an internal locus of control shown by taking ownership and responsibility for their revenue targets and creating sales needed to achieve them
- Have a good understanding of the English education sector.
It would be nice if you:
- Have experience of the education sector and working with school and Trust leaders
- Have a good understanding of local authorities, Multi Academy Trusts, and alliances and clusters of schools
- Have experience of Subscription sales, selling SaaS and cloud based support services.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter below. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key.
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Monday 12th April.
If you have any questions please email Georgina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any step of the recruitment process, including telephone/video interviews, written tasks and face-to-face interviews.