The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of knowledge and know-how to education leaders determined to make a difference. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute sector intelligence, tools, services and resources that give leaders the knowledge to act.
We are looking for a sub-editor to join our friendly content team to sub-edit digital content, setting and upholding the highest standards of accuracy, practical value, clarity and fluency in line with our brand. You’ll be helping over 120,000 education leaders take confident, decisive action in their schools.
- Edit digital content in line with our brand, tone of voice guidelines and style guide
- Rigorously check content for accuracy and practical value
- Work collaboratively with our content writers, feeding back on their work and giving constructive challenge and support to help them continually improve
- Work at pace, making excellent editorial decisions and prioritising carefully, to publish content at the critical point in time for our members without compromising quality
The ideal person
- Have experience of sub-editing digital content
- Be able to assess the quality of digital content and identify issues, gaps and appropriate actions
- Be able to make confident, robust decisions under pressure
- Have an understanding of copyright law and be able to identify breaches
- Have excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Have knowledge of, or a keen interest in, the education sector in England
It would be nice if you:
- Have an up-to-date understanding of education issues, particularly in the school sector
If you don’t meet all of the above but have a genuine interest in joining our team please get in touch – we’d be very happy to chat.
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter below. In your cover letter please explain why you think you would be right for this role, how your experience fits, and why you would like to work at The Key
The deadline for applications is 6pm on Monday 27th January.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.