What’s new across The Key from December 2023
A selection of new content that our members gained access to this month:
- Termly tasks for headteachers: spring 2024
Keep on top of your regular and unique tasks for this spring term with our downloadable checklist – freshly updated for spring 2024.
- Spring term 2024: safeguarding update
Our staff briefing pack provides everything DSLs need to deliver the first safeguarding update of the spring term. Use it to remind staff of what changed in KCSIE 2023 and how to spot the signs of abuse, and to update staff on what the Online Safety Act means for your school.
- Managing mobile phone usage in school
Get to grips with the different approaches to managing mobile phone usage in school, and let parents/carers know about any changes to your policy or approach by adapting our template letters.
Resources you might have missed
A round-up of our new and updated resources from the last month from across The Key:
- Curriculum requirements: special schools – NEW
- Conducting home visits safely – NEW
- Online Safety Act 2023: what it means for schools – NEW
- SMSC: definition, requirements and best practice – NEW
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development policies
- Safeguarding around the holidays: issues to be aware of and signs to spot
- Ofsted: latest updates
- Prevent risk assessment
- Trust establishment and growth funding: who's eligible and how to apply
- Curriculum policy: model and example
- Leave entitlements for staff
- Pay award for school support staff
- Right to work checks
- Cyber-flashing: parent factsheet
- Role of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL)
- PSHE policy: model and examples
- Industrial action: FAQs
Last chance to book
The booking window for our Certificate in Effective Assessment and Feedback course closes in January – don’t miss out!
This live, expert-led course is for secondary school teachers of all experience levels. Learn how to embed low-stakes assessment for learning that really works, carry out meaningful summative assessment that helps you improve pupil outcomes, and master the core principles of purposeful and manageable feedback.
*Places available with Whole School membership of The Key
Keep an eye out for resources to support with:
- Social inclusion
- Teaching about women in history
- LGBTQ+ history month