After yesterday's post, which looked at the most popular articles on The Key for School Leaders during 2014, we now turn our attention to the world of school governance.
This was our busiest year yet, with more than 6,000 governing bodies across the country using our service. Below is the full list of the ten most-viewed articles of last year, and the questions that prompted them.
- Do you have a calendar of significant dates for governors?
- What's been happening recently in the school sector? (updated weekly)
- How should the governing body plan its work over the course of the year?
- What are the 20 questions for governing bodies? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- What are the main changes in education in 2014/15? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- Do we need to reconstitute our governing body?
- Are there examples of tools to audit the skills of governors? (includes a downloadable KeyDoc)
- What statutory documents must my school have in place?
- How can schools promote British values?
- What can I ask to probe the quality of teaching and learning in my school?
Members of The Key for School Governors can log in to see each article in full, as well as asking us their own questions. If you’re a school governor or clerk who hasn’t used The Key before, you can register for a free trial here.
Top search terms
We've also prepared a Wordle of the most popular search terms on our site for governors in 2014. Terms that were more popular in 2014 than in 2013 are coloured purple.