Changes to school funding arrangements and a more autonomous school system mean that school business managers (SBMs) and bursars are playing increasingly strategic roles in their schools. With this in mind, The Key is bringing together some of the country’s leading authorities on school business management to provide clear and practical guidance, tools and insights.
Speakers and sessions include:
- The expanding role of SBMs: challenges and opportunities – Stephen Morales, executive director, NASBM
- A policy update – Andrew Lambe, academies funding division, Education Funding Agency
- Ensuring schools operate effectively – Diana Gerald, chief operating officer, ARK Schools
- Supporting schools between and during inspections – Sherry Gladwin, lead inspector, and managing director, Egeiro Ltd
- Future-proofing your school business management – Graeme Hornsby, managing director, SBM Consultancy Limited
- Doing more with less: financial efficiency in schools – Justine Berkeley, ‘SBM of the year’ 2012 and managing director, SBM Services
For more information on the event, including a full programme for the day and a full speaker line-up, please click here. Save £30 per delegate it you book on or before 19 September.
Read a previous post about popular questions from SBMs here.