Ahead of September 2015, we have been tracking interest from governors in reconstitution. It was one of the most popular search terms of 2014 on The Key for School Governors, with searches up more than 700% year-on-year.
This heatmap shows the difference in governor interest in the topic of reconstitution between the regions. In the south east, for every 100 governors using The Key, 40 articles about reconstitution were viewed. In the north west it was 30 per 100. Governors in the north east and the south west showed less than half the level of interest than governors in the south east.
To date, The Key for School Governors has been asked the following questions on this topic:
- Do we need to reconstitute our governing body?
- What process must we follow when reconstituting?
- How do academies reconstitute their governing bodies?
- How must we inform individuals of their removal following reconstitution?
- Should non-maintained special schools consider the DfE guidance on reconstitution?